Monday, May 07, 2007

Tag! I'm it!

Jenny at J's Thoughts and Musings tagged me to share 10 interesting facts about myself. I will have to see if I can think of any I haven't shared yet.

1. Until I was in about 5th grade I was one of the tallest kids in my classes. I became one of the shortest practically over night. (I'm 5'3".)

2. I have this strange hole in my left ear. It is hard to explain, but it looks like I have my ear pierced where the top of the ear connects to the head. It is genetic: my grandma & Olivia have it on right ear. My uncle and I have it on the left. I have met one other person who has this.

3. In high school, I was in our church's youth choir. Each summer we would go on tour to churches in nearby states. I toured in Michigan, Minnesota, and Iowa. Minnesota was by far the most fun year and most beautiful area. (No offense Michiganites and Iowinians.) I am sure you are thinking what's strange about this, but you haven't heard me singing skills...LOL!

4. My uncle is a Baptist pastor. My great-aunt & uncle were missionaries in Africa. Their daughter is carrying on their work.

5. With the exception of the year I was at college, I have lived in the same county all my life.

6. I have not missed voting in an election since I was of legal voting age.

7. I met three of the four members of Stryper when a friend got tix and backstage passes to a concert when we were sixteen. I also caught one of the Bibles they throw into the crowd during their show.

8. I fell off my bike when my brother "kissed my tire". I broke my leg, broke off part of a tooth and chipped another when my face hit the road.

9. I can't stand cartoons or clowns!

10. I have never watched a Star Wars or Star Trek movie.

Now I have to tag 10 people to share their interesting facts. (This is, of course, optional!) I won't have ten since most of those I would tag have already posted their interesting facts. I now tag: Kelle (Come Do the Speed Limit With Me), Martha (Elizabeth Hill Cottage), and Heather (Heather J's Life). If anyone else would like to share, feel free to do so!

7 comments:

Jenny McB said...

I can't stand the idea of a broken tooth, but I guess that was the least of your worries when you fell off your bike.

You've never watched a star wars movie? That's a very cool fact.

The ear hole thingy does sound strange, trying to picture it.
Thanks for playing! Kind of like a TT13 with us all on the same page.

Penny said...

Oh, I should have added that the bike accident was the evening before the last day of school. The last day of school is the BEST day of the year, and I had to miss the last day of second grade. Sniff, sniff.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!

What's "kissed your tire" mean?

Number 10....me either! I did BUY the Star Wars set over a year ago with good intentions...still haven't watched them yet!!!

Penny said...

LOL...C! Kissing tires is what my brother called it when he would come up behind you on his bike and make his front tire touch your rear tire. I always hated when he did that and hated it even more after I fell when he did it.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Count me out of THAT kissing game!

Anonymous said...

Never heard it called the kissing tire, but I have done it when I was a little girl. I have only watched only one star wars movie.

Martha said...

Hey!

You tagged me! I just saw this (haven't been blogging or reading anyone's )

Thanks for the tag!

Martha