Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #17

This week is all about me...LOL! Well, not really, but my TT is. My first TT was Thirteen Things About Me, and it continues here with my 17th edition!

Thirteen More Things About ME!

1. I used to be EXTREMELY shy.

2. I grew up in a house that was over 100 years old. It wasn't a working farm when we were there, but it was a GREAT place to grow up with the barn, sheds, chicken coop, milk house and over four acres of land.

3. I used to pretend I was Linda Fratianne or Dorothy Hamill when my brother and I would skate on the MANY areas of on our land that would flood then freeze. (We named most of them...lol!)

4. I was on the swim team in high school.

5. I was the news editor of our high school paper -- The Sword & Shield.

6. My first job was at a local frozen custard shop.

7. I was almost 21 when I finally go my driver's license.

8. I met my husband while we were both managers at McDonald's.

9. I attended Hamburger U!

10. I am married to an attorney. He usually represents the employer in employment issues such as discrimation, unemployment, workmen's comp and similar claims.

11. I hate revolving doors to the point I almost freeze when I have to use one.

12. I am a neat freak, but there is one closet in our house that is a DISASTER! It is the one in our computer room. My husband keeps work papers in there. I would be so embarrassed if anyone looked into it.

13. The clothing in my closet is arranged by type of garment & then color. The colors are sorted whites, reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, purples, blacks. Within each group the colors go from lightest to darkest. I know I am a freak...rofl!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

21 comments:

Becka said...

LOL great list! Sounds like your hubby took a step up in the world from MickeyD's to an attorney. Good for him! :D

~~Becka
http://beckasbabble.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great list..My mom wanted me to look like Dorothy Hamil so she gave me the cut..It did not work





Amy's Random Thoughts blogging Scavenger Hunt starts May 1st. Details were announced today.. Dont you want to participate?

Mercy's Maid said...

I wish my clothes closet was as organized as yours. My clothes are lucky if they make their way out of the clean laundry chair in the living room and into the closet. Organizing them once they're in there is very unlikely. :)

Thanks for stopping by my 13.

Sunny Ellis said...

Great list! I always love my unique childhoos. I grew up in an half built house. No AC in Georgia. I never have gotten used to airconditioner

Sunny

Anonymous said...

Wow! We both like the country, my dh hates revolving doors, and I didn't get my driver's license until I was almost 21 (and even then, only out of necessity; I could have cared less to get it.)

I was cracking up that there's really a Hamburger University. My dh and I both attended our airline's training schools for customer service but hamburger school? Do they provide a diploma? (somehow I know the answer is going to be yes).

I worked at Burger King for 3 years in highschool. Can we get your hubby to go after them for violating the child labor laws? Oy vey, it was bad.

Nice blog and interesting TT as well.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Anonymous said...

The colors sound really pretty how you have them organized! What a good idea. :)

alisonwonderland said...

great list! it's fun learning more about you! happy thursday!

Chelle said...

Oh!! I totally used to do the Dorothy Hammil thing, too! Great list!

Unknown said...

If I was the hubby --I would re-arrange the clothes in the closet to freak you out....and...Did you have the Dorothy Hamil haircut ?

Unknown said...

I know someone who has a closet like that. Mine is the exact opposite. I dare anyone to find anything in my closet.

Qtpies7 said...

Don't look in my house, then, lol. I have 7 kids, and there is NO such thing as organized! No matter how much I would like to have it, it does not last even 2 days. Ever.

Amy Ruttan said...

I think I still am shy. Not as much as I was before ... it still affects me sometimes. That's why I love blogging.

Happy TT thanks for dropping by mine.

Anonymous said...

You sound like an extremly organized woman. I'd never be able to pull it off.

Penny said...

Becka...McDonald's was just one of the many things my over achieving DH did to get through 10 years schooling to graduate mostly debt free.

Toni...the course I attended at Hamburger U was two weeks long. I don't know if I would call it a diploma, but we did get a piece of paper...lol!

Believer said...

Great list! You're not running out of things to share yet. Don't dig too deep.

As a kid, I LOVED Dorothy Hamil!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your post. Maybe I should write up mine next week. Happy TT! :)

Mrs. Jones said...

I had the Dorothy Hamil haircut too. And it didn't work either. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love this one!

And by the way, you would love my closets. They're done the same way as yours. You and I are both "organizing fools", LOLOLOL

How did you wait until 21 to get your DL? Public transportation? Daddy's limo? (snicker)

Penny said...

LOL...Daddy's Limo! Nope, I got myself an $89 bike from K-Mart and rode that sucker all over town! To & from work, shopping (we had a couple stores within riding distance), the bank, to hair appts, to tanning appts -- you get he idea...lol!!

Before I went out with a guy I made sure he had a DL & a car...lol!

Anonymous said...

Hamburger U! I never knew there was such a place!

I used to be extremely shy, too. I still am, but the Lord has helped me over the years.

I don't like revolving doors, either.

Thanks for visiting my T13!

Penny said...

Barbara...I'm still shy too, but not nearly as bad as I used to be. I think getting older and more confident has a lot to do with it. In certain situations, it stills comes out!