Monday, February 05, 2007

Snow ...err... Cold Day

Olivia's school and many in the area were closed today due to the cold. We had windchills of 38 below zero this morning. Yesterday's high was -2 with windchills around 30 below! Brrrrrrr!! Tomorrow will be down right balmy if we hit 8 like they are predicting! LOL!

I did not go to the Y today because I didn't want to leave the house in this weather since I didn't have to. I did go downstairs and use our treadmill for 30 minutes. It's better than nothing!

I used this day to do one of those things that always gets pushed aside because I HATE it. The laundry closet -- removing the bi-fold doors, pulling out the washer/dryer, cleaning the vent, sweeping and washing the floor. Boy, was there the dog hair there. It nearly filled a plastic grocery bag. YUCKY! It was hard to believe it has only been about three months since it was done last.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read about those horrible windchills - I can't imagine how awful that feels. At least they canceled school. How much longer are they thinking it's going to last?

Anonymous said...

I think that cleaning DEFINITELY counts as exercise, too!

Our windchills were -15 and I thought THAT was cold. I don't envy you. Eek.

Penny said...

The wind has died down now so the windchills are a little better. Now the snow is falling!

Oh I didn't think of the cleaning counting as exercise. A little weight training from moving the machines...lol! woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot tolerate temps that low. Way too cold for me! LOL

Good for you girl. I don't like those kind of jobs, but eventually they have to be done.