Friday, February 02, 2007

Did Jeffrey Dahmer Kill Adam Walsh?

This isn't the kind of thing I normally post. I realize it is controversial, but I followed the Dahmer story closely. The arrest, the fallout after his arrest, the trial, and his murder by a fellow inmate in 1994. It was all so horrific that it was like something out of a book or movie.

I remember that summer like it was yesterday. The stories of missing young men. I remember the flier of one in particular -- a deaf man named Tony Hughes. It hung for weeks on the door of McDonald's (I worked there at the time).

Did Jeffrey Dahmer confess to all his crimes?
There's a call to reopen the investigation into Milwaukee's most notorious killer.

There are new questions about Dahmer's criminal history before he returned to Milwaukee and never-reported details that some believe link Dahmer to one of the United States' most notorious cold cases.

The boy at the center of that cold case is now a household name. Who can forget the toothless grin of 6-year-old Adam Walsh, the Florida boy abducted, dismembered and dumped in a drainage canal in 1981.

A Miami author is making the case that Dahmer may be responsible for the Walsh slaying.

If interested in the rest of the story, you can read it on themilwaukeechannel.com or see the video here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across this story on another news outlet yesterday. I read the entire thing with my mouth hanging open.

Can you even imagine?!?!?

Penny said...

I can't imagine!

Many news outlets have been picking this story up. I guess it was on Nancy Grace & Cooper Anderson last night.