Thursday, February 22, 2007

Say It Isn't So

From thursdaythirteen.com:

Welcome to Edition #81 for Thursday, February 22, 2007. This is the official retirement and final edition of the Thursday Thirteen.

There will be no fowarding address, and no change of hands in the Thursday Thirteen management. As the founder and creator, I get the heartwrenching decision of finalizing and closing the door to this baby of mine that I’ve nurtured for the last 81 weeks of my life.

Please do leave the link to your final Thursday Thirteen, I would like to thank each of you for participating.

I wish you all the very best in your blogging endeavors.

Regarding the questions about continuing the Thursday Thirteen, no interested parties have approached me to discuss purchasing the rights to it. If that should occur, an announcement would certainly be made.

Update from thursdaythirteen.com:

There have been a few parties inquiring about purchasing the rights. I will update with more information when it becomes available.

For all interested parties - thank you for contacting me. I am in the process of putting together some information for you so please be patient as it may take a day or two to work through the details.

5 comments:

rashbre said...

I'll just keep doing it! As long as we have a technorati tag we should be able to make it work. I applaud the originators (I remember Leanne as the person who introduced me to it way back)

rashbre

Anonymous said...

Wow, it seemed so popular! I was really getting into your lists!

It seems she is very clear that she believes she owns the rights...and I don't know if she will try to "cease and desist" if people continue. Some people want the fight, others don't, LOL.

Looks like someone may buy those rights from her anyway.

Can't you just make up a Friday Fourteen or something? LOL

Anonymous said...

(and yes, she says she owns the rights to derivatives also)

Penny said...

If someone doesn't buy the rights from her, I will continue with a list. I just won't use the Thursday Thirteen name, tags, etc.

I don't think any ole list is a derivative. If so, I will have to stop my grocery and to do lists...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Good, keep coming with your lists!!