Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9

Thirteen things that make me THINK SPRING and WANT IT TO BE HERE

The last few days we had some very nice weather the last few days that really got me longing for spring.

1. March is QUICKLY approaching!

2. The sun is setting a little later each evening.

3. The snow is melting.

4. The Shamrock shakes have made their appearance at the McDonald's in our area. (I can't stand them, but
it's a sure sign spring is on the way!)

5. The groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, said to expect an early spring.

6. The buds on the rhododendron, even though they form long before spring, remind me each morning of the beauty that is to come.

7. The cute little sandals and tennis shoes in the stores.

8. The clearance sales on warm coats, sweaters, boots, etc.

9. The potted tulips, lilies, hyacinth, etc showing up in the grocery store floral departments.

10. The appointment with our tax preparer has been made.

11. The birds chirping.

12. The fly I spotted yesterday (Yuck, but that's a sure sign of warmer weather.)

13.Did I mention the snow melting? LOL! (I just won't listen to the weather forecast for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Rain, freezing rain, & SNOW! Boohoo!)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for spring, either! Great list. Thanks for stopping by!

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Chickadee said...

I love that the sun is setting a little later each night and that the birds are chirping again. Hooray!

My 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

I do like spring myself. I live in Georgia and I'm not a big fan of humidity. So I'm partial to spring and fall. This was a nice list to read. Ta for now dahling!

Unknown said...

bring on the spring..thanks for posting one last time..

Anonymous said...

You can always count on Macdonald's to change their menu according to the seasons! Yes, spring has sprung - where I live crocuses have started poking their heads out of the ground. Happy TT. I'm all about books this week. And, I'm glad that TT may be coming back!

alisonwonderland said...

i'm so ready for spring! we're supposed to get snow again tomorrow; right now it's cold and windy.

as an accountant, i laughed at #10!

i can relate to #12 - but in our case it's ants. (it hasn't happened yet this year.)

happy thursday! thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Another great list!