Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mission Accomplished

When we have a simple job on a to do list why do we put it off for so long?

About three weeks ago I moved our phone/answering machine from the bedroom into the den. It just makes more sense in here. This, of course, created a problem. I needed another socket to plug the iron into. Since there was an unused extension cord in here. I started unplugging the TV every morning, plugging in that extension cord, plugging the TV into that, and then plugging in the iron. After I was done ironing I would reverse the process. I know it's silly and you are probably wondering why I didn't just leave the extension cord there. Well, I have this thing about cords and them being see in my house. They drive me crazy!!

Well, shortly after I moved the phone and discovered my outlet dilemma, I remembered we had a turn-one-socket-into-three gizmo being used in the family room where a surge protector would make more sense. An extra surge protector was in the basement. So if I don't even have to remember to pick up these items at the store why did it take nearly three weeks for me to cross it off my list?

Today I move it to my Ta Da list...lol!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this story!!!

Penny said...

Crazy to go through all that every morning for all that time when a simple fix is right in the house, hey? lol!