Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Heart Signing "Reality" Shows

American Idol is the best, but Rock Star: Supernova does find some really GREAT talent! Some are a little strange, but you would have to be to fit in with the guys that make up this group. Gilby Clark (Guns 'n Roses guitarist), Jason Newsted (Metallica bassist), and Tommy Lee (Mötley Crüe drummer & my new crush...lol). Funniest line from Rock Star this season had to be last week when Tommy Lee told one of the "rockers" her interpretation of "I Will Survive" was "sauteed in wrong sauce". I am still laughing about that one.

There is a new one (signing show) coming! It starts next week and is called Celebrity Duets! Celebrities not necessarily known for signing will be paired with a recording artist.

Recording artists scheduled: Clint Black, Michael Bolton, Belinda Carlisle, Taylor Dayne, Peter Frampton, Macy Gray, James Ingram, Wynonna Judd, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Kenny Loggins, Richard Marx, Brian McKnight, Aaron Neville, Smokey Robinson, Randy Travis, Dionne Warwick, and Lee Ann Womack.

Celebrites not known for their signing are: Chris Jericho (WWE World Champion), Lucy Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess, Battlestar Galactica), Cheech Marin (Cars, Nash Bridges), Carly Patterson (2004 Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast), Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Jai Rodriguez (Queer Eye), Hal Sparks (Queer as Folk), and Lea Thompson (Back to the Future, Caroline in the City).

I sound like TV junkie! I'm really not!

Speaking of music (and note to self): I need to pick up Christina Aguilera's new CD Back to Basics!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy Lee's smile is like a little boy's, and despite all that ink, he IS cute!

For about four years, I harldy watched TV because of other obligations. Now that has changed and I'm like a kid with a new toy. DVR is so awesome. You can tape it all, then watch it in record time without commercials. More bang for the buck!! Like you, I would say I am not a real addict, though!

I am curious about Duets. I'll definitely watch (DVR, LOL) the first episode!

Penny said...

He does have a GREAT smile. I'm an eyes girl, and his eyes suck me right in...lol.

My brother, Scott, would laugh at Bob for saying TiVo changed his life. Now that Scott has it, he says the same thing...rofl!

Already have a season pass set up for Duets! :)