Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21

I consider myself a good speller, but there are a few words I get hung up on over & over again. I either misspell them often or have to think about them a little longer than most words. Apparently, some of them are commonly misspelled words. It's good to know I am not alone.

Thirteen Words Commonly Caught In My Spell Check!

1. broccoli

2. calendar

3. definitely

4. judgment

5. license

6. lightning

7. liquefy

8. maintenance

9. ninety

10. satellite

11. separate

12. triathlon (I spoke of this one already...LOL)

13. vacuum

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

16 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I so get your list! I have a hard time with most of those words, too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, calendar is a hard one for me too. In fact, I think I just spelled it wrong again. I have no idea... :)

Unknown said...

Excellent list..Seperate or Separeate and suppose or supposse have always had me confused

Kendra said...

good list... you and i have #3 and #5 in common!!

Shelley said...

GREAT list! I spelled definitely wrong until I was well into my college career. I still think definately looks correct, but I know it isn't.

And I always have to think really hard about vacuum....2 c's? 2 u's?

Your list made me giggle!

My TT is up...and hopefully not dreadfully mispelled.

The Gatekeeper said...

I wonder what it is about these particular words? I have the same problem with most of them.

Anonymous said...

It took me ages to learn how to spell broccoli and license, and I keep wanting to put an e in the middle of separate.

Great idea for a T13!

bernie said...

Being dyslexic, I use spellcheck not to correct misspellings but to transpose common, easy to spell words like hte (the), and ofr (for).

I linked to you from 13 Ways to tell if you are a Surrender Monkey

Tawnya Shields said...

I see a few on there that I mess up all the time. Very creative T13.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I took your flower test. I am an quiz addict myself. :o)

Jenny McB said...

Thank God for spellcheck!!!

I am okay on 8, 9, 10 (hey, where's seven? LOL) More tough ones for me are
requisition and strategy. But you had the rest of my problem words.

Thank you for stopping by, glad that you come by often! You're on my frequent flyer list also. Have a great weekend.

Qtpies7 said...

I struggle with 3 of those. I love spelling, though.

Penny said...

ROFL...I didn't even notice I missed #7! Guess that's what I get for multi-tasking!

Penny said...

Seven is there now! ;)

Anonymous said...

I hesitate on "independent" sometimes, LOL

Jeannine said...

He, he! Glad I am not the only one!
Happy late TT. :-)

Jenny McB said...

Hi Pen,
Maybe it's a blogger thing, but I can't comment on your newest post.

The funniest thing about the five meme is that I keep seeing clothes on the list that I forgot about and then realize that oh,yeah, I could have put that one down also.

10 years ago, would you ever have imagined your life as it is now?