Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #18

Thirteen Famous (or infamous) Wisconsinites!

You can decide whether they are famous or infamous...LOL! I purposely left off our crop of serial killers! Not sure what kind of traffic their names would bring! I shudder to think of it.

1. Tony Shalhoub (Adrian Monk on the series Monk)

2. Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett on Different Strokes & Facts of Life)

3. John Matuszak (Oakland Raider turned actor) He went to the same high school I did. Only a few years before me...lol!

4. Amy Pietz (Annie on Caroline in the City) I went to school with her.

5. Oprah Winfrey (needs no explanation...LOL) While she was not born in Wisconsin, Oprah spent a few years in Milwaukee as a child.

6. Dan Jansen (Olympic Speedskater)

7. Alan Kulwicki (NASCAR Winston Cup Champion) Alan was killed in a plane crash on April 1, 1993 in a plane crash near Bristol, TN.

8. Paul (and Morgan) Hamm (Olympic Gymnasts)

9. Mark Grudzelanik pronounced grud-zuh-LAH-nick (Kansas City Royal) I also went to school with Mark until his family moved to Texas during high school.

10. Les Paul (musician, inventor)

11. Violent Femmes (musicians -- Blister in the Sun)

12. BoDeans (musicians -- Closer to Free)

13. Tommy Thompson (former WI Governor & Health & Human Services Secretary, 2008 Presidential candidate) I met him at a mock press conference for high school newspaper staffs when I was about 17. It was just weeks after he was elected as our 42nd Governor.


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get out. Mrs. Garrett? That's cool. I was cracking up at your lead-in comment too. Good point.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Adrian Monk was from Wisconsin! (My favorite show, btw).

Happy TT!

Unknown said...

I know a few of those..Way cool list!



Dont forget to sign up for the Christopher family blogging scavenger hunt! Its going to be fun and we have added more prizes

Mitchypoo said...

Great list! You'd probably be able to post 13 serial killers from Wisconsin unfortunately. I love the look and feel of your blog, really nice. Happy TT!

http://mitchypoo777.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Great post! :) I know most of those! (But then I grew up in IL and now live in MN....your neighbor!)

Have a great week!

JAM said...

Hey, spiffy list!

I love Tony Shaloub, I loved him on Wings, and Monk is a favorite of ours.

John Matuzak was also 'Sloth' Fratelli in the movie Goonies. That's big time baby.

Les Paul. The man is a machine, he's what 90 or so and still gigging every week? Jeesh. I have a Les Paul guitar, and still think they're the best.

Summer said...

You went to school with Mark Grudzelanik? My husband would be so jealous. Great 13!

Anonymous said...

I like this list...didn't know that any of those were from "your neck of the woods"!

Marilyn said...

I knew Wisconsin was a neat place!

Jenny McB said...

What a great idea for a 13 list, my state is smaller, not sure if I would find 13.
Busy week....here we are visiting each other's blogs a day late.

Wow, you are really making good progress on your training.