Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #15

In honor of the last day of the Easter parties at McDonald's I have decided to list names of boys & girls along with the meaning of the name. All of these names are boys & girls who attended one of the parties over the past two weeks. I picked these names because I like them, and either they aren't used nearly enough or I had never met any one (in person) with the name.

The meanings of the names listed below are from babynamesworld.com.

Thirteen Names & Their Meanings

1. Cole (coal; dark one)

2. Lola (sorrows)

3. Zoe (life)

4. Chloe (green shoot)

5. Phoebe (bright)

6. Violette (violet, that was obvious, hey? LOL!)

7. Oliver (elf army)

8. Aubriana (elfin king)

9. Adin (slender)

10. Jonah (dove)

11. Edwyn (rich friend) Would you believe my dad AND Bob's brother both have Edwin as a middle name?

12. Elijah (my God is the Lord)

13. Silas (of the forest)


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Never met an 8, 9, 11 or 13. I didn't realize the rest were that uncommon. My TT13 is up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I've always liked the name Jonah! :) Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Vince Vaughn?! That's better than John Mayer! :)

Qtpies7 said...

I bet I have a few kids names in my own house you haven't come across, hehe. We're weirdos I guess!
AnDrew Jaimes (ON Drew)
Hope-Anne Nicole
Trinity Renee

We are concidering for future kids:
Larkin, Trygve, Thor

We do have normal names too, Cody, Kaytlin, Devon, Samuel.

ravaj said...

all my family's names are from the hebrew bible, which makes them a bit different to pronounce in english. that is not, however, as bad as a friend of mine in the eighties who wanted to call her child glasnost or perestroika.

happy tt

Baba said...

Hi Penny,
Thanks for visiting my blog today.I worked in a nursery and I have not seen many babies with these names.
Have a Happy Easter.. Baba

Anonymous said...

Some great names there!

EHT said...

My son went to school with a girl named Valerian Comedy and I had a student once named Sunny Summer Sunshine. Guess what her last name was.....yep....Sweat.

Thanks for visiting my TT

alisonwonderland said...

i really like Chloe and Phoebe. i've never heard of anyone named Aubriana. Silas reminds me of the character is The Da Vinci Code - so i can't say i particularly like that name.

great TT! thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

What a great list. I love learning what meanings are associated with names. It's as interesting as learning the English translations of non-English names...

Anonymous said...

Pen - Edwin is my dad's first name! ;)

Penny said...

That's cool, Kelle! Three cheers for Edwins!