Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Opening A Can of Worms

Do you find yourself adding more work to your day when you decide to do tackle a quick home spruce up project? That happens to me quite often and today was NO exception! The pictures will most likely speak for themselves! :)

Before

Those dirty rings!

After

As you can probably see, today's light fixture project lead to painting the ceiling. I am a neat freak and had no idea the ceiling was so disgusting up there. We replaced a light fixture in the entry last spring, and the ceiling on the first floor wasn't anything like this. I wonder if the previous owners (smokers) didn't paint that part of the ceiling when the painted the rest of the house before putting it on the market. At least now it is all crisp and clean!

I am very pleased with the results! I can't wait to see how it is once it is dark tonight.

Here's the light fixture we put up last spring. It was one of the pieces we brought back from Bob's great aunt's place in Florida.

Vintage Italian Tole Light Fixture
(complete with the made in Italy metal tag)

5 comments:

shelbi said...

so cute ! i love it.

Anonymous said...

One project often snowballs into another, I hear ya!

It looks great, and I am loving the vintage one, too!

Penny said...

Thank you ladies!

The vintage tole is probably my most favorite piece in our house.

Mrs. Jones said...

I love this chandelier too! I thought my scrap room could use one, but I think it will also lead to a bigger project.

Penny said...

LOL...Heather! It always does; it always does!