Monday, April 30, 2007

All Spiffed Up


Before coming down with the bug Bob had, I worked on ridding our front yard and front entry of the winter mess. The spring/summer doormat I bought when we moved in seven years ago had seen better days so it had to be replaced.


I LOVE the replacement I found a couple months ago at Kohl's! The Welcome portion came along with the black mat which is heavy rubber. The other two inserts were purchased separately, and there are about 12 others. It will be nice to have one that is heavy enough that it won't blow across our porch big step (haha).

Next on the replacing list are the dingy doorbell & the knob on the screen door. I just noticed how horrible they look in this picture. Now to stop coming up with more work for myself...LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

My pond is up and running, the fish are lively and the beds are all mulched (again) and weeded.

Now comes the lawn decor, and "furnishing" the front porch and back deck. I can't wait to get it done!

Oh, and ALL those containers will need plants! LOL

Don't remind me to check the doorbell, LOL

Penny said...

Mulching is so much work especially when the old stuff has to be removed. I need to get to work on that in one area in the front. It gets a lot of direct sun so it really fades while the mulch on the side of the house looks brand new.

The only thing I put away are the clay pots that would crack from the soil in them freezing. I like the shabby, weathered look on my yard decor. Most of it's rusty before I put it out...lol!

I've got to get the back yard cleaned up now and then make a run to the dump. Then we will be in good shape for the planting season.

Mrs. Jones said...

Cool door mat. Your porch looks really nice.

Penny said...

Thanks Heather!