Friday, January 26, 2007

Three Years

Today is the third anniversary of the day I changed my eating habits. I struggled with weight most of my life. I was tired, uncomfortable, and unhealthy! I knew I needed to make a change so I did! I had wonderful success and lost 69 pounds in about 18 months.

One of the old habits has crept back (skipping meals), and with it I found a few of those lost pounds. I started tracking EVERYTHING I eat and am making sure I am getting enough calories. (Did you know your body will go into starvation mode if you don't get enough calories and losing weight will be difficult?)

I know once I am back to eating as I should and regular workouts those pounds may come off. If they don't, I am okay with it. As long as I am doing healthy things for my body, my body will decide what weight it is comfortable at. In the beginning, it was about the number on the scale and on the tag of my jeans. It was a big step, but I have come to realize good health doesn't have a magic number.

If I can do, it anyone can!!!!

Workout: 15 minutes treadmill, 20 mintues upright bike, and 30 minutes elliptical (back to weights on Monday!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, great info, I could not agree more!

...and folks, I've seen the before and after Pen. She looks FAB-U-LOUS!

Anonymous said...

PS...

HAPPY HEALTHY ANNIVERSARY!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Penny!!!!