Friday, December 01, 2006

The Blizzard of 2006

Now it's really beginning to look alot like Christmas! We got about 13 inches of snow today, and it fell in about ten hours! Woohoo!

All schools in the area were closed. Bob went into work, but found out shortly after he got there the Milwaukee office was closed. Think they could notified at least one of the area stations who announce school & business closings? Instead he got an email about 45 minutes after getting to work. NICE!

I spent most of the day in the house working on our tree. It is a pre-lit that decided it doesn't want to be pre-lit anymore. I am not sure my fingers will ever be the same after taking off all those little doodads they use to attach the lights to the tree. Some new lights are back on now. I will decorate it a little later tonight.

I did clear off the deck so the dogs weren't bringing in all that snow and kicking more in as the doggy door swung back and forth. Ever try letting the dogs use a doggy door with a foot of snow outside it? I will tell you it is not pretty! Still have to tackle the driveway, but will wait for Bob to get home so he can share in that joy...lol!

I will add some photos of our winter wonderland later. I need to hit the shower and figure out what I am making for dinner.

Here is one to hold you over until then...lol!!

Chevy looking out the patio door.
I think he is wondering
what is all that white stuff,
and do I really want to go out there?

Oh, did I mention we were in the 60s Monday, Tuesady, and Wednesday?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dug out yet? LOL

Penny said...

LOL! We are, but now it is CCCCCOLD (read in your best shivering voice...lol)!

annulla said...

We have had any snow here yet but the weatherman is threatening and I am dreading it. Hope your road-clearing crews and swift and efficient.