Friday, August 25, 2006

22,603.75 Pounds!

FitLinxx is AWESOME. Once a month my instructor prints out a sheet that tells how I am doing on the machines that are contected to FitLinxx. There are ten connected. It keeps track of number of workouts, sets, reps, total weight lifted, my lift speed, my drop speed, and if I let the weights touch (a big no no...lol).

Yes, I have lifted over 22,603.75 pounds in 8 workouts on the machines that are connected to FitLinxx. I have actually lifted 10 times -- one day the log in kiosk wasn't working and the other was today. Those numbers aren't in there. Neither are five additional machines I work on. So I imagine the real numbers are probably close to double what is on the print out.

According to the print out, my lift speed is good. Up in two seconds. That's easy, in fact as you do more reps it gets harder to lift in that short of a time. I need to work on my drop speed. Do you know how hard it is to bring the weights down in 4 seconds? LOL! Chest press is the one I have to work on most.

The number for weights touching seems way high to me. I think some of the touches are from when my range was being set. One machine has 6 touches and I know I did not let the weights touch six times. You get this strange beep from the FitLinxx when the weights touch, and I would remember hearing that sound six times from one machine...lol!

So drop time and touches are what I will be working on!

It's time to register for fall classes. I am going to check out the book and might sign up for a class or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

The drops are harder because of the control needed to drop slowly. Gravity is not your friend in that case, LOL

You would definitely remember six annoying beeps!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I will stay clear of you!!! LOL Way to go!