Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oooops!

I should have published this post yesterday (July 18, 2006), but instead I saved it as a draft!

We finally cooled off from the HOT temps that have been around the country the last week or so. I looks like that won't last long. I have to get the grass cut before we are back up near 90. It's not fun to do yard work in that.

Here are the pics I promised Monday!


This variety of Day Lily is called Pardon Me.
It's blooming like crazy right now.


Our Unique Hydrangea will be in "full" bloom soon.

The name unique really fits this hydrangea. The buds on the flower head never seem to all open at once. It gives the flower a lovely lacely look. I love having dried hydrengeas in the house. I am not sure how these dry, but I am planning on giving it a try this year. I'll let you all know how they turn out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know hydrangea even existed like that! Beautiful!

UGH, talk about hot. Upper 90's when I was in Charlotte the last few days!

Penny said...

We had upper 90s from about last Thurs - Monday. I am glad that's gone, but it is still uncomfortably humid here.

Anonymous said...

That hydrangea is beautiful. I am cold natured, but I have to admit the 90's is a bit too much even for me.