Monday, October 13, 2008

Need...err...I Mean Want

I want a slide scanner. I have taken quite a few shots for my photography class, and some of them are really great. The problem is right now I have no way of getting those slides onto my computer so I can share them with you.

So far our assignments have been...

  • People, Places, and Things (at least 36 images of whatever you want -- at least 10 images had to contain people)
  • Shutter Speed (at least 36 images -- 18 of them blurring action & 18 of them stopping action)
  • Aperture (at least 36 images -- 18 with limited depth of field (subject in focus background not) & 18 with extended depth of field (entire image in focus)
  • Graphic Images & Abstract Color (at least 64 images -- extreme close ups, intentionally out of focus, moving camera, moving zoom as you take picture, etc -- the FUN stuff)
Shutter Speed was my least favorite. I think my favorite images are from the Aperture assignment, but there are some GREAT ones in the Graphic Images & Abstract Color as well.

My quiz average so far is 101% (yes, we get a couple extra credit questions on them). We have our mid-term exam this week which I think I will do well on. We have only turned in the first two assignments at this point, and only have the first back graded. I got a B+.

I am enjoying this class and learning a lot in it. I plan to take another next semester!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see your work!

Sounds like you are doing a great job!!!