Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Fall/Winter Fashion

Olivia & I went shopping this afternoon. She had money from her paycheck burning a hole in her pocket (This is what's leftover, as she calls it, after the 50% we require her put into her savings account.) She bought herself some goodies and never once hinted that I should buy it for her. She thought about her purchases a lot longer than she would have had Mommy been paying. She's starting to think of how many hours it takes her to make a certain amount, and realizing it's "real" value.

I also made a few purchases to freshen up my seriously boring fall wardrobe. I picked up this sweater in perfect plum at TJ Maxx for $19.99, this sweater in dark brown (not on website), and this top for under it. A couple more of the fun fall sweaters that are out there, and I will be all set!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Score! What lovely clothes! I'm sure your dd is off to a good start managing her money. Good job, mom!

Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Penny! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

I am in serious need of some new clothes. I've added a few new tops to the mix, but I need some warmer ones. It re-energizes me to get something new to wear!

Anonymous said...

Olivia is learning about the real world at just the right age. Good for her!

Love your choices.
Guess I need a new pair of sweats, lololol.

Penny said...

Sue...Thank you!

Cindy...It is completely re-energizing to spruce up the wardrobe!!

C...LOL!! I know I will be getting at least one new pair of sweats and/or PJ bottoms.