Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A Day of Music

Yesterday I took Olivia and some friends to see Paramore. They were in town to perform at the largest music festival in the world, Summerfest. It runs 11 days, and during that time over 700 bands play on 11 stages. The best part is there is only one concert a day that requires you to purchase a ticket. (Yesterday that show was Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts.) I was just as excited about that part as Olivia was about seeing Hayley & the gang...LOL!!

Olivia had a blast with her friends. They were in the fifth row -- that's about where they usually pick because they want to be close but not pressed up against a stage or barricade. (Smart girls, hey? LOL!) We got there around 4PM. The show wasn't until 10PM, and these girls did not move from their spots once.

I walked around to check out other bands. Remember Dot Dot Dot from The Next Great American Band last winter? I saw them and they were AWESOME! I hope to see them at the end of July again. Also saw the Gin Blossoms and a few "undiscovered" bands who were pretty good.

Around 8PM I headed over toward the Paramore stage and was amazed at how many people were there. I figured there would be a lot, but it was incredible how many there actually were. Hayley mentioned that several times during the show. They were INCREDIBLE!!

If you like Paramore, and ever get a chance to go to one of their shows, do not pass it up.

Olivia will be back at Summerfest Sunday for the Jonas Brothers!

1 comment:

shelbi said...

how fun! now that is one thing on my list that i have yet to do...experience a concert with my teen :) so glad you are enjoying your summer....

missing you too penny!
hugs
shelbi