Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Don't you just love days that all the things you need to happen to accomplish something finally do? Bob left the truck home, the weather was beautiful, my grandma didn't have any appointments, the lawn mower we took in for a tune up was ready, and the dump was open. I was finally able to get the leaves, branches, and other yard waste out of our yard and to the dump. Some of it had been buried under the snow all these months. I won't tell you how gross some of that stuff was. I was also able to pick up our lawn mower.

I am looking forward to being able to mow for the first time this season. Our mower was at the repair shop so long I wasn't able to do the first mowing of the season. Since it had gotten so long we hired the company that does our fertilizing to do it this one time. They came Friday morning and would you believe it needs cutting again? Guess what I will be up to tomorrow if the rain holds off as it is looking like it will now.

4 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

We don't have a lawn here. We are in the middle of a forest, so I have carved out some landscaping and the rest is just natural forest. But, when we live in TN, we had a couple of acres and I loved riding the mower. It is relaxing and you really have time to think!

Have fun mowing.
Penny

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Penny! Isn't it lovely when spring finally arrives? Enjoy your day!

ShannonW said...

Hi Penny...I am Shannon :) Just visiting from your link at "That's My Answer!" Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a great day!!
Isn't spring invigorating??