Monday, July 30, 2007

Update on Dad

The procedure my dad had this morning was to see if angioplasty would take care of a blockage in the Circumflex artery (think that was the name my brother said the doctor used). While trying to clear the blockage they broke through the wall. It as too risky to try again so he needs bypass. It will be 2-4 depending on what they find once they open him up.

He went into surgery around 3:00 PM central. It is expected to last 3-4 hours. Bob is on his way home from work, and we will head to the hospital shortly after he gets home.

5 comments:

Jenny McB said...

Penny, thinking of you. My dad had a 5 bypass operation over 10 years ago and today I went clamming with him. The operation is big, but does work. Sending some positive thoughts your way!!

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers!

Ms Eva said...

Oh my. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's heart attack. Sending you our thoughts and prayers.

Martha said...

Penny,

I'm thinking about you!

My Mom has had 2 heart attacks and is doing amazingly well 3 years later.

Hugs to you and your family!

Martha

Anonymous said...

Penny, I will definitely be praying for your dad. I hope he is doing well. I pray he will have a full recovery. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.


xoxo