Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Whew!

The last ten days or so have I have been so busy they have just flown by! I think my schedule will return to "normal" for a bit before Olivia is done with school. She has 5 real (I use that term loosely this time of year) school days, one day long trip to Six Flags, and a half day left. I can't believe next year is high school!

I will be glad to be back to blogging. I have missed reading many of my favorite blogs during this busy time and look forward to getting back to you all!

My Thursday Thirteen will return this week as well! :)

6 comments:

Jenny McB said...

I don't know about you, but every week, I say that the next will be quieter...I am never right.

Doesn't it seem that the last few weeks of school, the kids don't do much?

Anonymous said...

This time of year is always insanity, isn't it?

Penny said...

Jenny...oh, do I hear ya on both of those points. I swear the schools here do nothing after Memorial Day. Would you believe one day they reenacted a Civil War battle with crumpled up paper? We had to sign a release saying the school wasn't responsible for injuries. Paper cuts I suppose! GRRRR!

Carolynn...It sure is insanity!

Anonymous said...

We have the 180 "instructional" day requirement here. The problem is, my girls have to go to school til June 12 because of the number of snow days we had, yet they haven't done any real "instructional" work in days. We've had parties, movie days, kickball tournaments, etc.
What a waste--just to get around what is apparently just a technicality.

Penny said...

We have the same requirement. It is for state funding. Olivia has to go until June 14 because of "snow days". The 13th is an ALL day trip to an amusement park and the 14th is just a pain because they get out at 11:00 am.

Anonymous said...

Hi'ya Pen. I haven't checked in for a while. Sounds like your life and mine are on the same hectic path! LOL Take good care of yourself girl...