Monday, May 21, 2007

Tri Training

This is for you Martha! ;)

Saturday was such a beautiful day here so I decided to go on a training run, but combine it with a walk. I walked a little over 4 miles from home and ran back only stopping once during. I walked for about five minutes and continue my run! Boy, did that feel good. I am pretty sure I got to the 3.1 mile mark before I had to stop.

Today I went on a nice bike ride. I don't know the exact mileage, but got a pretty close number from usatf.org/routes/map/. It was 8.25 miles in about 40 minutes. No resting here. I think the challenge with the bike portion will come after swimming half a mile.

To kind of try to tackle that, I plan to bike to & from one of my swimming sessions each week. This week I will probably do that on Thursday! It's less than three miles from home, but I think it will tell me a lot about how it will feel to swim then ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great plan to combine two of the elements together. That will give you a good feel of where you are in preparation for the event.
Sounds like you are in great shape!!

Martha said...

Yay!!!

You are so motivating! I may even go for a long walk today and think about you...running, biking and swimming. All while I only walk. SIGH.

I love hearing about your training!

xoxox,
Martha