Monday, March 19, 2007

The Verdict Is In...

The jury reached a verdict in the Steven Avery trial yesterday afternoon. He was found guilty of first-degree intentional homicide and possession of a firearm by a felon. The jurors acquitted him of mutilating a corpse. I find that part mind boggling, but I wasn't in the court room to hear all the evidence. While I wouldn't want to be on a jury for a trial of this nature, I would like to be a fly on the wall to see and hear what goes on. Wouldn't you?

Now the attention turns to his nephew, an alleged accomplice. His trial begins in under way in April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Glad to hear the verdict. I'm with you-- surprised on the mutilation decision.

shelbi said...

i haven't been keeping up with this trial, but it sounds like justice has prevailed.