Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #13

This week's Thursday Thirteen is in honor of the arrival of spring!

Welcome Spring in Thirteen Languages

1. English: Welcome spring!

2. French: Accueillez le printemps!

3. German: Begrüßen Sie Frühling!

4. Portuguese: Dê as boas-vindas a Primavera!

5. Russian: Приветствуйте весну!

6. Spanish: ¡Dé la bienvenida a primavera!

7. Swedish: Välkomnande språng!

8. Dutch: Welkomstgroet voorjaar!

9. Italian: Benvenuto primavera!

10. Danish: Velkommen affjedre!

11. Welsh: Chroesawa darddu!

12. Polish: Mile widziany skakać!

13. Finnish: Mieluinen alkulähde!

I used tranexp.com for the translations!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

25 comments:

Chelle said...

That takes me back to High School French class. Man, did I stink at French :)

Anonymous said...

Cool idea!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I love these!

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

What a fabulous list, Penny!

Thanks for stopping by to visit my first TT! :-D

Lori said...

Very cool....although, I wouldnt have the slightest idea how to pronounce most of them...lol

Lady G~ said...

I LOVE languages! Great list!! Sad to say that I only speak three languages, English, Spanish & Sign.

I just bought an Italian language course. I think Italian is so romantic. :o)

Tempest Knight said...

Oops! The forgot the word "la" as in "la primavera" in spanish. :)

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Happy Spring to you too...

Thanks for stopping by... so glad you "dig Marines".... LOL

He has a t-shirt that he wears now, one they gave him upon enlistment that says U.S. Marines... funny how all the girls at school seem to flock to him... I have more girls calling my house now than ever before... LOL

http://dixies-heartandsoul.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ah, French. I only had two years of it in school then we moved-- and that school only taught Spanish!

It's actually a future goal of mine...to learn French!

Another great list!

Anonymous said...

Okay Pen - you talkem me into it too? ;)

Sue said...

What a great TT idea! I love it. And I love welcoming spring in any language.

Thanks for the visit! Happy TT.

Kristina Knight said...

What a unique idea, Penny! I love it...

thanks for stopping by my blog...and come back any time. :)

Starchy said...

Awesome idea for TT! Thanks for visiting mine!

Unknown said...

LOL I know where to look if I ever need to say this in something besides English :D.

Erin Faye said...

What a great idea!

Thanks for stopping by!

Rhonda Helms said...

Okay, this was too cute. Who knew it?? YAY, and thanks for the language lesson!

Stine said...

Thanks for the visit to mine - yours is fun too!

Unknown said...

what a neat post..Im off to search your blog..fun stuff

She-Schenker said...

I see that we were thinking along similar lines.

Happy spring to you! =))

Christina (BookTasty) said...

This was a very fun blog! My favorite of all the Thirteens I've seen today! :)

Chana said...

Very cool idea. I am loving the Italian!

Jenny McB said...

Very cool header, it looks like you could make this 3 columns, all you need is time and patience. Blogu was a big help!

Neat list, I can't pronounce 1/2 of them. We had temps up to 60 today, a lot of snow melted, yea spring!

Sonya said...

Cool list!

Kris said...

I love it! Fun list!! or should I say...
Я люблю его! список потехи!
...I speak a little Russian now and then. Learned it in high school.

thanks for visiting my TT yesterday
~Kristy

Ash said...

Nicely done. I'd do something like that, but I'm woefully,sadly, much, much too lazy. Way to be all creative and stuff!
:)