Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12

Since I chose things about the color red for my Valentine's Day topic, I decided to carry on the tradition and list thirteen things about the color green for St. Patrick's Day.

Thirteen Things About the Color Green

1. Green signifies life & renewal.

2. Going green is used to referred to environmental friendliness.

3. Green is a restful color.

4. To the Egyptians green is a sacred color which represents hope & the joy of spring.

5. Green is said to be the most restful color for the human eye to see.

6. Green man is the God of fertility in Celtic myths.

7. Green around the gills means someone is pale or sickly.

8. Green with envy & the green-eyed monster both refer to jealousy.

9. A green racetrack means rain has washed all the rubber off the track. (This one's for you, Carolynn...rofl -- ducking!)

10. A person with a green thumb is good with plants.

11. A greenback is US currency.

12. Some say the color green has healing powers.

13. A person who is said to be green is a novice or inexperienced.

Red was a much more interesting color...lol! I did my research on the color green at about.com , colormatters.com, and crystallinks.com.


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

26 comments:

Chana said...

Hey look..the word verification is GREEN! How appropriate!

Personally, I think green is a pretty interesting color and you just proved that with you list. Not a color that most people gravitate towards but it is rich and so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I never knew some of those. Heh. You learn something new everyday!

Stop on by to see my TT. :) Have a good Thursday!

~Kristen~ said...

Cool idea about doing something on the color green. There was some new stuff that I learned today.

Anonymous said...

I'm in Wisconsin too (Menomonee Falls actually).

I love the color green, but I'm not too keen on St. Pat's Day. Odd -- I know.

Cory said...

That's an awesome list! I personally love the color green.

Thanks for leaving me the comment as well!

Anonymous said...

Green was my school color. Kelly green to be exact. I own four green cheerleading uniforms now :)

It's still a pretty color and I'm so ready for Spring I hope it's green all over soon!

Anonymous said...

Very fun list! Of course I love it because it ties in to the Celtic thing I'm in to this week.

Thanks for stopping by my TT list.

L^2 said...

Interesting list - very informative. Green is probably my second favorite color (after purple). :-)
Happy TT!

Tina Bendoni said...

Green is good. Natural, soothing, growing color :). Thanks for the visit.

Karen Erickson said...

Well I learned something new today - your list was great! I especially like the Egyptian fact.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Bianca D'Arc said...

I like your list. And don't forget Kermit (and Frank Sinatra) singing about how "It's not easy being green." LOL Thanks for commenting on my first T13. Much appreciated!

Stephanie said...

Nice list!! Personally, I'm not a big fan of green (unless it's in my wallet!) My grade school and high school colors were kelly green/white/gold. After YEARS of wearing it, I haven't touched it since!! Although I do have green eyes.

Thanks for stopping by my first TT!

Anonymous said...

LOL on #9. If I had to guess I would have thought it meant the track was ready to go for a new season....

I love your lists, I always learn something!

Raggedy said...

Great post on green!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

jennyr said...

great info! thanks for sharing!

Chelle said...

Green is my daughters absolute favorite color. I'll have to share these with her :)

Rae said...

Thanks for the link to yours for this week & last. Spring is such a great time for green. I use the "healing" type of green on my wrist as an added protection for something I've broken before.

Plants:
The Shasta Daisy would mix well with my love of the gerber. I have some beareded Iris that I have to plant already...and my cats would probably hurt me if I didn't plant their favorite catmint.

Thanks for the suggestion & the link!

Michelle Pillow said...

Great list! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me at essentialkeystrokes.com. If you like green, you will love my other blog www.casualkeystrokes.com. It just got a green makeover.

Carina said...

That's an interesting list! Thanks for the information.

Unknown said...

Wonderful list! Thanks for the post and posting on mine!

my other bloghas the list up..You signed our adoption blog


FYI! if you like Christian fiction books, I am having a contest on my blog just for posting...plus a few other fun surprise prizes

Christina (BookTasty) said...

You learn something new everyday! Thanks for the interesting list!

Liz Hill said...

I love the color green as you can tell from my blog. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Anonymous said...

Some interesting things there Pen. Happy St. Patty's Day to you! Love the new digs by the way.

Kris said...

great list--I may have to steal this idea for a future list, I always have the hardest time coming up with a topic.

Thanks for visiting my TT yesterday. Have a great weekend!

Uisce said...

I'm wearing a green fleece right now -- my favorite color!