Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #11

We have had unseasonably cold weather for the past couple weeks, and it is making me long for spring even more. A warm up is in the forecast starting tomorrow and heading to near 50 by the middle of next week. While it is still MUCH too early to plant here, I am beginning to draw up planting plans for spring. So my Thirteen today is on 13 flowers/plants I will be planting in a couple months (Yes, months! It is risky to plant anything you can't move inside before Memorial day around here.)

Thirteen Flowers I Plan to Plant Somewhere in My Yard

1. White Boltonia

2. Jupiter's Beard

3. Shasta Daisy

4. Siberian Iris

5. Catmint

6. Morning Light Fountain Grass

7. Dwarf Purple Coneflower

8. Cushion Spurge

9. Creeping Baby's Breath

10. Candy Stripe Creeping Phlox

11. Palace Purple Coralbells

12. Allium (Ornamental Onion)

13. Daylily (not sure of the variety yet)


* Links to other Thursday Thirteens *


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 comments:

shelbi said...

hey you! i have on too! so cool to see you have one here! let's be bloggin buds! come and visit me too!!!!

Christina (BookTasty) said...

I love flowers! I wish I had more of a green thumb! Nice list :)

Anonymous said...

Living in Florida, all we can do is dream about 'real' irises. The only saving grace is we're in the garden y ear round!

Great list! I think I'll amend mine with some of those t hat are Florida hardy.

Thanks for visiting my tt.

Unknown said...

neat list..make sure you take pictures

Anonymous said...

Great choices, and a few I'm not familiar with!

I'm looking forward to more planting this year, too!

Andi said...

Catmint is neat. You can make tea with it.

Melessa Gregg said...

Pretty! I don't get to garden much at home, but I work at a museum where we all do a lot of gardening.

Anonymous said...

Like the variety of plants you've selected for your garden. Am a big fan or ornamental grasses as well as the big ornamental onions.

Your list is very inspiring - and a reminder that SPRING is just around the corner.

My list is up too. All about the writing life.

Raggedy said...

It is going to look fabulous!
I have to get my paws on number 10 they are gorgeous!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Raggedy said...

#9 comes up with the same link as #8. I love baby breath I think it is the same one I am thinking of.
Thank you for the links!

Penny said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! There are two areas in our yard that will become new beds. I hope to get to all of the work this season, but I also have to strip & refinish our deck and paint the trim on the house. This needs to be done first. I am hoping for a warm April and early May so I can get at least one of those jobs done.

Raggedy...Thanks for letting me know about the incorrect link. I have corrected.

Jessica Morris said...

Your garden will look so pretty!! You'll have to post pictures once they're all planted and blooming!!

G.P. said...

hi pen.. checking in :) better late than never. Good list, green thumber

Hugs
GP in Montana