Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #10

Thirteen Things to Do When You Visit Milwaukee, WI
(in no particular order)

1. Tour Miller Brewing Co. & don't forget to pick up a souvenir tee or glass at the Girl in the Moon Gift Shop.

2. Tour the Pabst Mansion.

3. Look for Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture.

4. Visit the Milwaukee Public Museum and stroll the Streets of Old Milwaukee.

5. Eat frozen custard at Leon's.

6. Visit the Mitchell Park Domes.

7. Go to a Friday Fish Fry.

8. Take a boat ride on Lake Michigan.

9. Stroll through Boerner Botanical Gardens.

10. Visit Miller Park for a Brewer game and The Sausage Race.

11. Attend Summerfest, the world's largest music festival.

12. Rollerblade, bike, or jog in Grant Park.

13. Tour a Harley-Davidson factory.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

11 comments:

KarenW said...

Sounds like a great place. My dh would love to tour the Harley-Davidson factory!

Unknown said...

what a cool list.my brother in law is there now working

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place to visit. I was intrigued by the sausage race . . . Have a great weekend. My TT is up too!

Anonymous said...

mmmm beeeeer *drool* LMAO

those sound like nifty things to do. :)

Qtpies7 said...

Sounds like a fun place to visit.

Anonymous said...

i grew up in milwaukee...and my parents still live there (my stepdad's actually the mayor of glendale)...so naturally, this is a great list!

Maven said...

Love this list! Sausage race?

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I looked into doing my MFA at Milwaukee (I want to say U of W, Milwaukee campus or something like that; it's been a loooooong time) and thought the city looked like a great place.

For some reason, I didn't even apply. Wish I could remember... it was something like the program wasn't what I ultimately wanted.

Happy TT and enjoy your neat city!

Susan said...

I've never been there...although I work for a publisher that is housed there. I hear a fun way to get there is to fly to Chicago and take the train up.

My TT is up too.

:-) Susan

Jess said...

You forgot about picking up some bratwurst at Usinger's!

I am dying for some brats! : )

Anonymous said...

You need to send your list to the department of tourism, LOL

I remember the Sausage race!!

(sorry for the late reply..word verification wasn't working for me Thursday!)