Wednesday, January 17, 2007

YUM-O, Almost Better, & Knee

Supper tonight was delicious! I made this recipe one other time, but this time it was even better. Rachael Ray's chicken enchiladas and spanish rice (made with brown rice, of course)!

I took my last dose of antibiotic tonight. I have been able to eat without any swelling in my salivary gland the since Saturday afternoon. It seems to have been an infection again. So strange that it happened again a year later almost to the day. I did a little reading online and my symptoms seem to point to the infection rather than something like a stone. Did you know you can get stones that block your salivary gland? I had no idea.

Bob has been having trouble with one of his knees for a couple months now. He went to Dr. Schwab, the doctor he sees for the avascular necrosis (AVN) in his hips, who ordered x-rays. The x-rays didn't show any AVN which is good news. The trouble he is having is similar to how his hips were before he was diagnosed with AVN. Since the x-rays didn't show anything Dr. Schwab wanted an MRI. The MRI show either a cyst of edema on a bone near the hamstring. He would like to see Bob again after about six weeks of physical therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better!

Wow, I hope Bob gets positive results with his knee. This is the last thing he needs!