Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3



Thirteen PAST and CURRENT COLLECTIONS

1. Rocks -- This was my very first collection. My favorites were pieces of glass worn down from the sand & water in Lake Michigan. (past collection)

2. Scottish Terriers -- I had blankets, pins, stationary, blown glass, framed prints, and ceramic items. (past collection)

3. Frogs -- The swim team I was on in high school used a frog as their mascot. This turned into a collection of mostly pins and stuffed animals. There was a huge stuffed frog that would travel from event to event with us. A senior would pass it on to a freshman at the year end banquet. It was passed down to me. I passed it on as well. I wonder if that frog is still around. (past collection)

4. VC Andrews books -- This started after seeing the movie Flowers in the Attic. I think I was the only girl in school who hadn't read that book until the movie came out. (past collection)

5. Small picture frames -- silver vintage & vintage looking frames. They hold pictures no larger than about 3.5 X 5 inches. (current collection)

6. Vases -- Pottery type from the 1940s and 1950s such as McCoy, Abigdon, Red Wing, Haeger, etc. Mostly in white, pink/peach, and green. (current collection)

7. Hull Sunglow -- The yellow with pink floral design. I have wallpockets, mixing bowls, salt & pepper shakers, pitchers and a covered casserole dish. (current collection)

8. Universal Cambrigde Laurella -- This is know as "poorman's" Fiesta in the dish collecting world. The colors are similar to the original Fiestaware dishes, but the design along the edge of plate is laurel leaves and bows. I am missing the nested mixing bowls and the salad serving forks. I have never seen the salad forks, and have only run across the mixing bowls once. Sadly, I lost that auction. Other than those I have at least one piece of every item that was made for this set. My favorite piece by far is the covered casserole dish which is in MINT condition. (current collection)

9. Just the Right Shoe -- You don't even want to know how many of these I have...lol! While this is a current collection, I don't add to it as much as I once did. I did make a few really GREAT friends through a wonderful online community because of this collection. Since Take a Seat was the creation of the same artist as Just the Right Shoe I will include it here. It is still one of my collections, but this portion of the line has been discontinued.

10. Lefton Rustic Daisy -- My mom & dad were given the cookie jar as a wedding gift from my aunt & uncle. A few years ago my mom gave me the cookie jar and we both have added pieces to go along with it since then. (current collection)

11. Pink ribbon/breast cancer products -- I have shirts, jeans, hats, pins, blankets, pillows, ornaments, stationary, blown glass, magnets, figurines, and probably a few things I am forgetting. (current collection)

12. Capodimonte -- This collection originally belonged to my husband's great aunt. I have added one piece. You can read about that thrilling find here and see the collection here. (current collection)

13. Universal Cambridge Mount Vernon -- This set belonged to my husband's grandmother. It was made in the 40s. (current collection)

ETA: I know I haven't listed at least two other collections, but this list might end up being endless if I listed all my collections...lol!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Well now, that was a really neat TT.

I don't think I ever collected much...hm, oh well.

Happy TT and I’m up!

And, I also thought I'd invite you to join What the BLOG!?

It's a relatively new community that a friend created and that would, very much, like to see new members. We are also working on creating a community tradition if you will (something like a TT or like that). Suggestions are welcome. Go on over and take a look at What the BLOG!?

Caylynn said...

Very cool! Lots of interesting collections!

Happy T13. :)

K said...

I think I used to collect frogs also. I love frogs!

A great idea for a list! You've had alot of collections!

Thanks for stopping by earlier!

Melissa said...

Wow! You have a lot of neat collections going on. I'll have to come back later to go to some of the links and take a look. Neat!

Sparky Duck said...

Have i mentioned the matchbox cars?

Ms Eva said...

Very cool! I love the little shoe collection... I've seen these in shops and have always thought they were so cute! :)