Friday, January 19, 2007

Calling Harry Winston or Fred Leighton

I hit the mall yesterday afternoon and found my dress for the Winter Gala in about 45 minutes. I tried on seven or eight dresses. The one I picked was the second I tried on and knew the second I slid it over my head. I kept going just to be sure.

Before Christmas I saw this dress and have had it stuck in my head since. I had my heart set on it and was hoping I would still be able to find it in my size now. I did find it in my size, but it accentuated ALL the wrong places on me. The waist is pleated which made the full skirt add WAY too many inches to my backside. It would be darling on someone with the right shape.

The second dress is Jones New York. It fits perfectly in all the right places. It camouflages all the spots that need a little camouflaging. The chiffon & lightweight satin with deco faux brooch was the winner!

I wasn't able to find an image of the dress online and hanging on the hanger doesn't do it much justice.

The dress is made of a light weight black satin. The straps and the fabric draping from the faux brooch are chiffon. The straps cross in the back. I LOVE the bodice on this baby!

Bob wasn't too crazy about me wanting a red dress for this event, but what does he know about fashion? The little black dress isn't just black anymore...lol!

I still need to find shoes and jewelry. Do you think if I called Harry Winston or Fred Leighton, one of them would would loan me a couple baubles? LOL!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your dress! You'll have to ost pictures when you wear it!

Anonymous said...

We definitely have to see a shot of you guys dressed for the event!

I called Harry...he'll get you covered as a personal favor to me! snicker

xoxo

Scribbit said...

I'm very partial to Tiffany's myself. Nothing like a little blue box to make my heart flutter.

Danielle W. Lentz said...

The second dress is Jones New York. It fits splendidly in all the correct spots. It disguises every one of the detects that need a touch of covering. The little black dress isn't just black but I love it and use it.