Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bye Bye Jewel

As some of you know, I use the Grocery Game to help save money on our grocery bill. Well, the only grocery store available to me through the Grocery Game will be closing. Jewel-Osco stores in Wisconsin are for sale. Five of them were sold to Roundy's and will become Pick 'n Save (They closed today and will reopen Friday). The remaining ten are still on the market. If they do not find a buyer, they will close on March 23.

I may drop Jewel before my next billing date. I would still be able to use that list for about five weeks before they close. They have already changed store hours to 8am-9pm. They will not issue rainchecks which I think translates to we aren't going to stock enough sale items to keep customers happy. I don't want go there just to find out the items I really wanted are gone.

I sure hope they add another grocery store before or soon after the Jewel stores close. It just makes my grocery shopping SO easy!

Today's numbers:

Shelf: $62.16
Paid: $26.42
Saved: $35.74* (or 57.4%)

*Does not include the $10 off you next order coupon that printed when I checked out today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

57% savings...
color me GREEN!

Penny said...

Today was even better at about 73%! Woohoo!

Tomorrow they begin their liquidation sales. I don't think I want to go near that place tomorrow. I am thinking it will be a ZOO!