Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Where Oh Where

have all the purple ornaments gone? Ever get an idea in your head and then head to the stores so you can execute that idea only to have your hopes dashed? That's what has happened to me the last two days! Last Christmas I thought wouldn't it be fun to replace all our deep red ornaments with deep purple. I wanted a tree decorated in deep purple and gold. Well, from the looks of it everyone else in my area had the same idea. In the last two days, I have been to THREE K-Marts, TWO Targets, and Milaeger's and all the purple ornaments I wanted are GONE. I also checked Wal-Mart, but the purple they have is too bright for me. I am going to check a couple other places tomorrow and if I cannot find them I will just use the deep red again this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm making my own this year (and some for teacher's gifts). I use clear ornaments and paint to make a swirled effect on the inside.

Penny said...

My cousin's wife made us a couple like that. They are cool!

I'm a Christmas tree snob though...lol. My ornaments all have to go with the color, theme, and feel I am going for or they stay in the box (or go on the window side of the tree where I won't see them unless I look in the window). I know I need to lighten up, but that is hard for me when it comes to my trees.

Anonymous said...

How disappointing for you! I did a purple one year...I do like that look.

Eek, Friday is Dec 1 and my tree and decor are still in storage!!

Penny said...

I am sure you have your shopping and wrapping all done though. I have barely started that and Bob's parents will be here in just over a week. YIKES -- I better get moving!

Anonymous said...

I think I've finished the shopping part...for everyone BUT WHAT SANTA DOES. I think Santa has only a couple things ready to go, LOL. He needs to get a move on.

No wrapping yet, but I sure hope to get on it next week. Thankfully, I do NOT have guests coming! :)