Monday, October 02, 2006

Sewing Success!

I worked on a sewing project most of the day Saturday. It was so much fun to be at the maching again making something wearable. I scrapped the top project for now and worked on a dress. I still have to put in the zipper, hem, and make a couple alterations to the shoulders. The way the instructions in the pattern said to sew them it leaves points. I don't want to walk around with pointed shoulders...lol!!

I chose to make the dress pictured on the left:


Here's my not quite finished version:


In the picture my dress looks like a shapeless kimono. That is because the zipper isn't in and it's just hanging there gaping open in the back. Once it is finished I will have Bob or Olivia take a pic of me wearing it. You will then see it isn't shapeless at all...lol!

My inspiration for the dress: A Dress A Day and Boden. I really want the Boden dress, but I don't wear dresses often enough to justify the $128 price tag. I will settle for my red & black Butterick 4849 that cost me less than $40 for fabric, a zipper, and the pattern.

Also, ignore that "fast" on the pattern. With all the pieces and facings on this dress it is not fast...lol!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No dress pattern is TRULY fast!
LOL

Way to go! Can't wait to see the finished dress!

Penny said...

LOL...Carolynn! A muumuu might be fast, but not very stylish!