Saturday, October 14, 2006

Good News In the NASCAR World

Here's an update to the sad news I posted about a few months ago!

NASCAR legend Parsons says he is cancer-free
By Greg Engle, Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service

CONCORD, N.C. -- Benny Parsons, the 1973 Cup champion-turned NBC/TNT broadcaster, said Friday at Lowe's Motor Speedway that he is now cancer-free.

"Three months ago my family doctor called me into his office and told me I had lung cancer," Parsons said. "So Rick Hendrick told me if I was going to fight cancer, you have to get [oncologist Steven A.] Limentani. He helped Rick through his leukemia 10 years ago. So we did.

"The last three months we have been battling the disease. Then Wednesday, I had a scan and [Limentani] called me Wednesday afternoon with the best news: 'The cancer is gone ... see ya.'"

The rest of the story can be read at nascar.com.

On a less serious note, Kevin Harvick is the Busch Series Champion! Woohoo Kev!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a recovery! Great news!