Friday, July 21, 2006

Where Is the Summer Going

There are school supplies all over the stores, and they have been out there for a few weeks now. It seems each year the supplies and cool weather clothes come out earlier and earlier.

I know kids in a lot of areas go back to school soon, but around here they don't start until after Labor Day. Do we really need to have our supplies purchased two months ahead of time? I guess so because I am beginning to pick up Olivia's supplies while the sales are good and things aren't picked over. You know she can't have the "plain" solid color notebooks and folders that were good enough for us...lol!! If they will get her to do well in school I am all for it, but in late September (to her) they will just be dumb things she has to take to class to take notes and home to do homework...lol.

Then one thing I want to know is why do we have send 8th graders to school with a package of overhead projector markers? Is it to make clean up easier for the kids who get caught tagging their desks, the walls or the bathroom stalls? Hmmm...I just wonder...lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here, Pen. School supplies everywhere, but we have to wait on the "official teachers list" of required supplies. (I'm sure glue sticks are on our lists, LOL)

My girls start August 24th, but thankfully they are both excited to go back.

Anonymous said...

School supplies are kinda like Christmas decorations, they are out much too early. We might as well get with the grove of things because it is right around the corner. Summer, did we have one? LOL