Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Finally & Just In Time

I finally finished painting the outside of the fence and the arbor and just in time. The HOT, HUMID weather will be back for the weekend.

BEFORE
This photo was taken last summer.
Just imagine what another Wisconsin winter did to it!

AFTER
This was taken just an hour ago.
I am so pleased with the way it turned out.
There was just a slight color change.

Other stuff is happening in the yard as well. The hydrangeas are looking glorious!

This was taken tonight and is the same flower I posted a picture of late in June.

The hostas (yuck!) are blooming. Soon (read tomorrow) I will be cutting those flowers off. I hate them. I am planning to remove most of them from our yard. They line the entire sidewalk along the side of the garage. The previous owners didn't use much creativity when it came to planting that area. I have never counted, but there must be about 18 hostas along there ALL in a straight line. Did I say YUCK ? LOL!!

It looks like we will have our first day lily bloom of the season tomorrow morning. I sure hope so. I love the variety we planted. (Note to self: purchase more of those day lilies...lol!!)

The rest of the painting projects I have planned will probably have to wait until the fall. Usually when we hit mid-July the temps aren't great for painting and/or staining. Although, today was beautiful here near the lake. Mid 70's and not much humidity until late this afternoon.

I do have one good thing to say about the humidity. It makes the sunsets even more beautiful.

Off to watch Project Runway and Rock Star: Supernova! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to have Hydrangeas...every time I see a photo, they take my breath away!

I have Lamb's Ear that I cut the spiked flowers off of as well, Pen. It's prettier without them!

Everything is looking great up your way!!!

Penny said...

Thank you, C!

We have two varieties of hydrangea. The other one doesn't bloom until later this month or early August. I do see buds on it!

I don't like the flowers on Lamb's Ear either. I like Lamb's Ear for the color and texture of its leaves.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a green thumb so I really enjoy looking at everyone elses yard work. I have been adding a little at a time to my yard. I don't know the names of flowers/plants because I never had a great interest. Carolynn thinned her Lambs Ear so I planted some at the end of my driveway. I love the texture and at least I do know one name now. LOL Hope I can retain it.

Penny said...

LOL...Diane! Our yard is a work in progress pretty much. While the previous owners did a nice job with where they placed things I don't care of a lot of what they used and they left NO where for perennials or even annuals. So gradually we are taking things out. Some of the bushes and one tree were not by choice; they died. I had to take out my favorite on this spring. *sniff*sniff* I can't wait to have more COLOR in our yard.