Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Card Carrying Member

I am now a card carrying member of a gym. The YMCA to be exact.

I know what you are thinking. Don't you own a treadmill and BowFlex? Don't your parents own a company that manufactures fitness equipment? Yes, yes and yes...lol!! I find the using the treadmill in our basement boring, I have hit a wall with the BowFlex workouts and I am not going to go workout in the showroom at my parents company during business hours. I don't want to be alone in that old, creepy building after hours.

I know it is time to kick my workout up a notch or two. One of the things I am really longing for in my workout is swimming. Just some simple laps in the pool. This will bring back memories of high school.

I wasn't able to set up my orientation and meeting with a trainer until next Wednesday, but I am still able to use the equipment. Tomorrow morning I will be up bright and early to head over to the Y for my morning swim. I am looking forward to it SO much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pen!
I understand the Bowflex thing....mine is in my bedroom unused. You were way more successful than me at working it into your routine though. Had both my girls been in school, it may have been easier.
I had to join a gym to ensure that it was MY time, uninterrupted by anyone, LOL

My Mom loves to swim. It's a great form of exercise! I think it's great to mix up your workout routine.

Penny said...

I was on the swim team in high school. We always joked we didn't know you could do anything other than laps in a pool. We had practice before school, after school, on Saturday mornings unless there was a meet. Then we had meets on Tuesday. I must have looked like a prune from August to November...lol.